Nice grammar tip.
This is a quick grammar post.
It’s simple: “should have” and its contraction “should’ve” are correct. As are “would have” (would’ve) and “could have” (could’ve).
Incorrect: “should of”; “could of”; “would of”; “shoulda”; “woulda”; “coulda”
- I should have (should’ve) left earlier to avoid traffic.
- He could have (could’ve) told her he was on his way so she wouldn’t leave.
- She would have (would’ve) brought a snack if she knew there was no food.
- I could’ve won that race if I had trained more!
- He should’ve had a V-8 for breakfast instead of a donut.
- She would’ve gone to the movies if she didn’t have to work.
What other grammar topics or tips would you like to see?
Lisa J. Jackson is an independent writer and editor who enjoys working with manufacturing, software, and technology businesses of all sizes. She loves researching topics, interviewing experts, and helping companies tell…
View original post 14 more words